Eclipse Ecosystem

A blog devoted to promoting the Eclipse ecosystem

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Eclipse demand up over 25% so far in 2006

As you may recall from an old post, I believe that Dice.com is a pretty darned good indicator of real world demand for technology skills. Back in early January I noted that "Eclipse" had 490 job offers, JDeveloper 95, NetBeans + "Net Beans" 41, IntelliJ 27.

Well, just a few weeks later and Eclipse is at 622 jobs, JDeveloper is up strong also to 129 jobs. IntelliJ is up a bit to 32 and Netbeans + "Net Beans" is down to 31.

Ajax is really taking off, it's gone from 272 in early Jan to 432 today. Ruby went from 66 to 104.

After my last blog I received a lot of pings asking for help on hiring Eclipse talent. My recommendations are to post to the eclipse.employment newsgroup, or to try online at a place like Dice, Monster, HotJobs. When I did hiring at Oracle I had pretty good luck from each.

- Don

3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Chris Aniszczyk (zx) said…

    What about .NET?

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Donald Smith said…

    10,907 jobs right now. It's a good idea, I will track that too.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a thought....if we want to compare Eclipse vs. IDEs, perhaps the better comparative would be "Visual.NET" and/or "Visual Studio".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home