Eclipse Ecosystem

A blog devoted to promoting the Eclipse ecosystem

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Needed - Eclipse User/Committer in Knoxville TN

Following in the tradition of Eclipse Couriers, a new restaurant has opened up in Knoxville TN called "The Eclipse Restaurant and Bar".

This new restaurant is located in a spot that used to be "The Maxx" Restaurant, but I guess that is now out of business.

Now - Here is the mission. I've noticed on Google Maps "Street View" that this restaurant has a large street sign. What I want to know is -- did they update it with a new Eclipse Sign and Logo? IF they did, I desparately want pictures for our "brand hijack" slide deck.

Free Eclipse Shirt to the first person who can track down 6400 Kingston Pike in TN and let us know either way - with pictures. You can email me at donald - and I work at Eclipse.org. Bonuses if you have lunch there and let us know how the food is and take pictures inside too :)

- Don

5 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Chris Aniszczyk (zx) said…

    Damn, I don't know anyone there... but I know that OOPSLA 2008 will be in Nashville, TN so if someone is willing to make the trip to Knoxville :)

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Donald Smith said…

    Someone in the Eclipse Ecosystem has to live in Knoxville or know someone who does....

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger nickb said…

    What kind of bonus would they get if they drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse to the restaurant? :)

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Ray said…

    Hmm. There's an "Eclipse" uh.. strip club.. in Matamoros, MX. Maybe next time I'm down there I can take a picture... I think the sign was SFW. :)

    It certainly made things interesting when we explained to our customers there that we were using Eclipse for software development. Especially when we provided them training for "embedded development using Eclipse". I was surprised their management signed off on the idea.

     
  • At 2:06 AM, Blogger 文章 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home